Thursday, July 12, 2007

Maine Wildlife Park

Sunday we took Evelyn to the Maine Wildlife Park to see the animals. It is a reserve for animals that could not survive in the wild - whether they were oprhaned, raised by humans, injured, etc.

Evvie really like the cats- although the mountain lion and I had a good stare down. He was looking at Evelyn like she'd make a great snack. It was a new feeling for me as a father and I did not like it. I'm glad that I didn't have to teach him a lesson.

When we got to the moose Evvie got very excited saying, "Moose, moose, moose," and pointing. There was a large male, and in another area, a mother moose with her 1 month old calf.

After that, we fed corn to the deer and handfulls of what looked like dog food to the black bears. Evvie was a little interested, but when we came to the peacocks, she quickly became obsessed with slipping the corn into the cages.

A baby fawn melted out hearts, before we were chased away by an angry one-winged goose protecting "her" brood of ducklings.

As we were leaving, Evelyn really wanted to stop and smell the flowers, so who am I to say no?

No comments:

Post a Comment