Friday, September 30, 2005

Week 33

News? Well, Hallie measures out at 32 cm, and has gained 32 Lbs. So- for anybody concerned that she might not be big enough- she's right on track. She's just so darn tall that she probably doesn't look AS pregnant as somebody smaller.

I'm beginning to see our child birthing class less as an educational experience and more as a comforting distraction to allow our egos the knowledge that we are actively preparing for the birth of our child. If we didn't have this class, we would just be waiting and growing between visits to the midwife. With it, we are preparing to be parents.

...Though I don't want to belittle the knowledge that we've gained. I saw pictures this week of the normal "abnormalities" that may occur in birth- the way newborns don't seem to look in movies or on tv- slightly coned heads, the tiny white dots of Milia, Stork bites, sucking blisters...stuff that won't alarm & concern me now if we encounter them.

I'm also realizing that these classes are not really classes for US, but for ME. Hallie answers any questions that I don't think to ask in class and just seems to know everything. I'm glad she's going to be there at the birth!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment