Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Auntie Amy Arrives

The infamous West Coast Auntie arrived safely to meet little Evvie this week. We had a great visit in Turner and enough gifts to constitute another baby shower. Evelyn also spent her first night away from home which went...well once she got to sleep it went really well. Getting to sleep was a bit more of an ordeal than we had been used to, but we all managed- although we also spent a good deal of the next day cranky & in a haze.

That didn't keep us all from having fun, though. You see, Evelyn has this strange effect that just makes people happy. I think it's the gurgling and the staring. Possibly the gas too- that's the oldest trick in the book.

Tonight is the eve of Evvie's 5 week birthday. In some respects, it seems like we've had her always, and 5 weeks seems like a too-brief period of time. On the other hand, she's already 5 WEEKS OLD! Wholy schmoly.
She's smiling more, staying awake for several hours and looking much more alert. We're interacting well, and have the beginnings of a routine. She just started trying a bottle this week and has had two successful evenings of daddy feeding her. This is a good feeling for me, because it resolves my helpless feelings when she's crying and only mama can help.

Look out world.

I now wield the power of the milk-filled nipple.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Hmmm...I guess being up for 24 hours straight does not make for good pictures of me! I was so glad to finally meet the little princess, and had so much fun with everyone! I can't wait to see how much she has grown the next time I come out (and I promise that I will do my hair BEFORE any pictures are taken!)!
    Love and kisses and pixie dust wishes,
    WCA

    ReplyDelete