Friday, December 16, 2005

...Sleeping, Smiling, Laughing

Well, it's just the girl and I today. Hallie's getting a haircut and running a few errands, so I'm left to keep the girl alive all by myself. So far it's going well. She's asleep on me as I type this- one-handed, mind you. The laughing picture came from just moments ago, so I must be doing something right.

I've been giving Evelyn a bottle when I get home from work for over a week now & it's been going pretty well. She's six weeks old as of yesterday, and growing like a weed. I'm sure if you listen closely you can hear the fabric in her onesie stretching... perhaps she'll bust out of her clothes like The Hulk. Sometimes when she's mad I see parallels...

The Pediatrition visit the other day was interesting. We've now got her on a Vitamin D supplement because of the season and lack of sunlight on her skin. She's also in the 50th percentile for head size, the 50th percentile for weight, but, get this you tall Smith genes, only the 25th percentile for length. Curious. Maybe she won't grow as tall as mama- or maybe she was measured right before this recent growth spurt and has jumped up in percentile. Either way, she definitely takes up a lot of space in our hearts.

4 comments:

  1. hey..
    just blog hopping..
    cute baby! and
    congrats!!hahahaha..
    love all the pics..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:31 PM

    She is soooo beautiful!!!! I love being able to check in on the website and keep updated on her growings!!! All our love!!!

    Love,
    Amber, Autumn & Montana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Holy crud-cookies! I can't believe how much she has changed in just a little over a week! I can't believe that it has only been a little over a week that I have been back! I can't believe I can't see her for a while!!! She is so beautiful! Love that little smile!
    Congrats, brubs, on wielding the milk-filled nipple!!!! Looks like you can keep her happy enough! :)
    Love you guys! Keep that little girl smiling!
    WCA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the first time my husband watched our son alone he called his mom,sister and my mother to come over. It gets easier I promise.

    ReplyDelete